About The K240 Youth Wood Bat:
The K240 is a well balanced, properly weighted, wood youth bat that is great for teaching a young player how to hit with wood. Plus it meets specs for game use!
Unlike the K455, the K240 features a slow transition from the barrel in to the handle. This provides additional thickness for those younger players who tend to get jammed, taking the ball on the lower part of the barrel towards the decal. This makes it perfect for the baseball player who is still trying to master hitting the sweet spot or is new to wood bats. It's also Phoenix's recommendation for the 10-11 year old playing in his first wood bat tournament.
Per Little League rule 1.10, bats for Little League (majors) and below, shall be a smooth, rounded stick and made of wood or of material tested and proved acceptable to Little League standards. It shall not be more than 33 inches in length, not be more than two and one-quarter inches in diameter, and if wood, not less than fifteen-sixteenth inches in diameter (7/8 inch for bats less than 30 inches) at its smallest part.
In regard to the new USA Baseball bat standard: solid, one-piece wood bats that adhere to Little League’s regulations will be allowed for play with or without the USA Baseball mark (see Rule 27). So, if you have a Phoenix wood youth bat and play in Little League, AABC, Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken, Dixie or PONY league, you are all set!
All Phoenix Bats youth wood bats meet or exceed USABat and Little League standards.
- 5 to 11 yr old wanting more inside pitch protection or new to wood
- 10 to 11 year old in 1st wood bat tourney/season for extra forgiveness
- Youth seeking to improve swing form
- Hitter needing bat that meets Little League & new USA Baseball wood bat standards
K240 Youth Wood Bat Stats:
- Barrel: 2-1/4” thicker balanced barrel
- Handle: 15/16” slightly tapered handle with small flare in to knob
- Knob: Slow transition makes more forgiving down barrel vs K455
- Weight: -7 drop (length - 7 = weight)