About The KRD4 Youth Wood Bat:
The KRD4 uses the same barrel profile of our very K271 but has a different handle and knob. The handle and knob come from Team Phoenix's Pro Player advisory board member Ronnie Dawson of the Astros. This handle and knob has a medium flare to it and is designed to provide comfort in your bottom hand and take away some of the stress and compression that comes from swinging a baseball bat. The KRD4 youth bat is perfect for all youth hitters who are wanting a professional players bat model, but in something they can swing with confidence!
Per Little League rule 1.10, bats for Little League (majors) and below, shall be a smooth, rounded stick and made of wood or of material tested and proved acceptable to Little League standards. It shall not be more than 33 inches in length, not be more than two and one-quarter inches in diameter, and if wood, not less than fifteen-sixteenth inches in diameter (7/8 inch for bats less than 30 inches) at its smallest part.
In regard to the new USA Baseball bat standard: solid, one-piece wood bats that adhere to Little League’s regulations will be allowed for play with or without the USA Baseball mark (see Rule 27). So, if you have a Phoenix wood youth bat and play in Little League, AABC, Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken, Dixie or PONY league, you are all set!
All Phoenix Bats youth wood bats meet or exceed USABat and Little League standards.
- 5 to 11 yr old wanting more inside pitch protection or new to wood
- 10 to 11 year old in 1st wood bat tourney/season for extra forgiveness
- Youth seeking to improve swing form
- Hitter needing bat that meets Little League & new USA Baseball wood bat standards
KDR4 Youth Wood Bat Stats:
- Barrel: 2-1/4” thicker balanced barrel
- Handle: 15/16” slightly tapered handle with small flare in to knob
- Knob: Slow transition makes more forgiving down barrel vs K455
- Weight: -8 drop (length - 8 = weight)