About The JK5 Wood Baseball Bat:
With nice pop to slap it in to the gaps, the JK5 wood baseball bat is a great fit for the contact hitter whose job it is to get on base and run. The only difference between it and the BB71 is the transition from the handle in to the knob. The JK5 has a straighter, more traditional transition. Both the BB71 and JK5 are our lightest wood baseball bats. They make a great first choice for the transition up to a high-school age bat.
Like all of our baseball bats, it’s available in Rock Maple or Northern White Ash. Maple is the better choice for the player who tends to get jammed when they mis-hit, taking the ball lower on the barrel. Ash is the better choice for the player who chases those outside pitches, fouling the ball off the barrel end when they mis-hit.
- Singles/doubles hitter; usually 1, 2, 9-hole batter
- Youth moving to high school age bat values a lighter bat
- Player seeking maximum bat speed for more contact
JK5 Wood Bat Stats:
- Barrel: 2-1/2" slightly weighted barrel for fast swing
- Handle: 15/16" fairly avg diameter handle, straight in to knob
- Knob: Enough knob to catch hand
- Weight: -3 drop (length - 3 = weight)
Comparable competitor model: 110 with thinner handle
Need something faster?
Want a wood bat really fast without any rush fees, but still with free text enrgaving? Check out our fast ship options that ship in 2 business days or less:
The 3 Pack Fast Ship Baseball Bats Pack: choose 3 bats from 6 of our most popular fast ship models, available on select models.